Johannes Brahms, 7 May 1833 – 3 April 1897) was a German composer and pianist. Born in Hamburg into a Lutheran family, Brahms spent much of his professional life in Vienna, Austria. In his lifetime, Brahms's popularity and influence were considerable. He is considered one of the greatest composers in history and is sometimes grouped with Johann Sebastian Bach and Ludwig van Beethoven as one of the "Three Bs", a comment originally made by the nineteenth-century conductor Hans von Bülow.
Brahms composed for piano, organ, chamber ensembles, symphony orchestra, and for voice and chorus. A virtuoso pianist, he premiered many of his own works. He worked with some of the leading performers of his time, including the pianist Clara Schumann and the violinist Joseph Joachim (the three were close friends). Many of his works have become staples of the modern concert repertoire. Brahms, an uncompromising perfectionist, destroyed some of his works and left others unpublished.
Listen to Classical Gems hand-picked selection of favourite Brahms recordings included in this Album.
- Audio Runtime: 112 minutes
- File Type: MP3
- Bitrate: 320 Kbs
- Compressed with Minimal loss of Sound Quality
- No need to worry about CDs Scratching or Breaking
- Use in Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, PC, USB in TV and MP3 Music Players
- Immediate Download of Digital Album once purchased
- Share the Music with Unlimited Devices and Friends