(Franz) Joseph Haydn, 31 March 1732 – 31 May 1809) was a prolific Austrian composer of the Classical period. He was instrumental in the development of chamber music such as the piano trio and his contributions to musical form have earned him the epithets "Father of the Symphony" and "Father of the String Quartet".
Haydn spent much of his career as a court musician for the wealthy Esterházy family at their remote estate. Until the later part of his life, this isolated him from other composers and trends in music so that he was, as he put it, "forced to become original". Yet his music circulated widely and for much of his career he was the most celebrated composer in Europe.
He was friend and mentor of Mozart, a teacher of Beethoven, and the older brother of composer Michael Haydn.
Listen to Classical Gems hand-picked selection of favourite Haydn recordings included in this Album.
- Audio Runtime: 135 minutes
- File Type: MP3
- Bitrate: 320 Kbs
- Compressed with Minimal loss of Sound Quality
- No need to worry about CDs Scratching or Breaking
- Use in Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, PC, USB in TV and MP3 Music Players
- Immediate Download of Digital Album once purchased
- Share the Music with Unlimited Devices and Friends